Monday, January 21, 2013

To Draw or Not To Draw

Who draws shoes and pillows? Me that's who! Over our extended break we were assigned to draw our pillow and a shoe....
So that's what I did.
I started with setting up a pillow and my favorite shoes! Say hello to VERA WANG!!!!!! I love these shoes so much the box even came to college with me even though I probably don't have the room for it... Oh well its Vera Wang!  Another thing that's probably not smart is working until the hours of morning day light... whoopsy! That's college for ya!

And so I slaved away for 6 strait hours..... gah bad idea.... My eyes were ready to roll out of my head I think... But I watched the CFDA 2011 Fashion Fund. I had watched their awards show last year on style.com, and behold Hulu has this show that goes behind the scenes of the award! It was really amazing to see what the process is really like.  I have read all the blogs from style.com before from a reporters view but never from the designers themselves!
For those who don't know what the CFDA is, it is an amazing non-profit that helps support up and coming designers in America. The CFDA is by designers for designers.  One of their big outreach projects is the Fashion Fund by the CFDA and Vogue. The Fashion Fund is awarded to hard working designers, they win $300,000 and mentoring to grow their business! Diane Furstenberg  said, "this is what the Fashion Fund stands for, be successful and help the others behind you." That year Joseph Altuzarra won the award! YAY(I was rooting for him!) But all the designers were all very talented, they all showed that they deserved to be finalists. If your a fashion freak you should check out the CFDA's Website!

So to tie this in with my art project one of the ladies wanted to be mentored by Vera! Even though she didn't win, the CFDA still set up a lunch date for the designer and Vera! annnnd the shoe I sketched is by Vera Wang!!!! Vera Wang was one of the first designers I learned about so I have to give credit to her for my obsession with fashion now! 







No comments :

Post a Comment