Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Feelin Like A Degas....


Awesome, crazy, stressful, blah, sleepy, hyper, ow, and Go! All are adjectives to describe my day.  My day started out with the dire need of caffeine... aka art history at 8 a.m.
In the early a.m. we learned about the Medicis' of Italy. But if I learned anything from history class in high school, other than politics, it was the Medicis'.

Afterwards was my forever long three hour drawing studio. (How was I going to make it through the day without coffee!?)
But It turned out to be awesome!!!!! (even without the coffee) We learned about gestural drawing.  We set up easels in a circle and everyone took turns modeling in the middle. We started sketching for two minuets and worked down all the way to five seconds to sketch! We were all on edge by the end. Our teacher called it drawing boot camp. The purpose of this exercise was to kinda re-learn how to draw. Usually people start with an outline and work in. We needed to start from the inside and try to avoid outlining too much. Our teacher also told us to hold out pencils like cavemen.... that didn't work so well...

Some Tim Tebow Action up top!
 Otherwise it was super fun! My teacher was super impressed with my sketches! So studying all those Degas sketches finally paid off! But somehow amongst all the fun I sliced open my finger.... I don't know how but good thing I noticed my finger puddling blood before I got it on my sketches! Yay for pretty sketches!







No comments :

Post a Comment