Sunday, January 6, 2013

Speech & Drama and the Adventures of Hogwarts

Cat but no hat
I hope you feel intimidated by the picture of this cute kitty, as he stares out at you from your computer screen. Kitty knows all.

Except Speech & Drama. Kitty doesn't know about that, so I guess that means I better inform you of how the meet went in Manhattan! 

The day started out bright and early. yuk. I had forgotten how early we used to get up for meets. ew. We sprang from our beds and sped off to the meet! The girls had super hard competition, but they did very well.

Memorized Public Address
Speech from a high-school graduation speech

Expository Speech on the band Queen

Expository Speech on Street Art

Memorized Public Address
Speech from JFK's inaugural speech
After the meet we all crashed from exhaustion, but then energized our poor bodies with coffee and the excitement of a Harry Potter Marvelous Movie Marathon! Well we only watched the last 3 but that is still a lot of hours of English accents!


My coach and her accomplices very funnily put this on my Facebook.... there will come a day when revenge will be mine! -did I mention in the post they hoped I would make it into slytherin...

The time I got to spend with the speech team, and my great and wonderful mischievous friends made it a really great weekend. It was great to support these kids, they work hard and I am very proud of them and my coach, did I mention she is super-woman!?

Did I also mention I am the favorite?

*We have a tradition on our team that the coach picks a favorite, then all of team-mates fight over who the favorite really is.

Im sure theres a spell to make me the favorite forever.... 

2 comments :

  1. I love you! Thank you for making me smile at the end of a horrible day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no problem! It was a super fun day! haha I loved playing assistant coach!!!

    ReplyDelete