Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas, Lets Eat!

Merry Christmas!
And so once again I find time to blog! And it is a very good thing too since I come bearing a wonderful  gift! I have the most amazing recipe yummmmmmmmmmmmmm!

MayI present La Bete Noire! So by the name you could probably tell its french! So now its automatically gonna be super good, but when I was trying to figure out what the translation was it wasn't sounding so good.... so Noire means black but I didn't have a clue what Bete meant! And so I called upon my awesome  cousin who lives in France! Through the wonderful world of Facebook I learned that Bete meant stupid or idiot..... well now we were both confused! Why would a chocolate torte be stupid????  So she called upon a french friend to help explain. The explanation is,  "La Bete Noire is also like the person that is always guilty so in the case of a dessert, it's a guilty thing" Which is a perfect description of this torte!

Be prepared for a wonderful chocolaty sensation from this flour-less torte!


La Bete Noire


Cake
1 cup of water
3/4 cup of sugar
9 tablespoons of butter, unsalted
18 ounces of bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
6 eggs




Ganache
1 cup heavy whipping cream
8 ounces of bittersweet or semisweet chocolate

Set the oven to 375


Prepare a spring form pan, I like to use parchment paper


start with the sugar and water


bring it to a boil and then remove from heat


now melt the butter


and then add all that yummy chocolate!


after the chocolate is melted add the sugar water mixture


after that add the eggs!


and pour into the prepared pan


next put the pan in a water bath and bake for about 50 minuets until the middle doesn't shake


cooling time! 


making ganche is super easy bring the cream to a gentle boil and then add the chocolate! 


Ta-da! I even added a bit of mint flavoring for Christmas! 

No comments :

Post a Comment