Friday, December 28, 2012

Home-Made Spa Day!

What is worse than being sick? getting sick when you are home on your break! Seriously! I have things to do and people to see! But then that gives me an excuse to sleep a lot and come up with fun ways to pamper myself! 
The nice thing about begin home is there is lots of stuff! and not just random stuff, but stuff I need to do projects with that I don't have conveniently available to me at college, only so much can be stuffed into a dorm room. 
And so since I am home I had the ingredients needed to make this face mask I found on YouTube a couple months ago, it sounded super easy and fun! Its supposed to help with acne and with dark spots. So I gave it a shot! 





So you just paint the stuff on your face, I felt like I was icing a cake..... but it was my face.... anyway it was all fine and dandy till I realized that you are supposed to leave it on for 30 minutes.
30 minutes.
How was I supposed to be able to do that!!!! And then my nose itched! Of course it just had to itch when my nose was covered in this sticky honey concoction! But of course this was only the beginning to my problems...
I'm melting!!!! Literally. The goo was sliding off my face slowly dripping into the sink, this was going to be the longest 30 minuets of my life!!!!! If the stuff stayed on my face for that long anyway!
Then my mom walked past the bathroom. Her eyes widened in fright probably since she had just cleaned the bathroom... She just stared at me in shock I could literally hear her screaming in her head, then she gasped, "what is on your face."I just laughed, and quickly explained to her. Later on she ushered my dad over, "What did you do?!" Ode to joy for parents. One of the blogs I read described the mixture as chocolate,  my parents imagined it as something totally different. 
That's when my hair started sticking to my face.
When would 30 minuets be over?
Then my nose itched again. This time it was an itch I couldn't ignore! It intensified as the seconds ticked away as I tried in vain to ignore it!
And so I wasted 30 minuets of my life in the hope of better skin! But I believe it was totally worth it! Yay for girl reasoning! My skin was super soft as I washed the mix off my face with warm water. Hooray for good skin!

No comments :

Post a Comment