Friday, November 9, 2012

One More Art Assignment Down

Wow it has been so busy! The weeks are flying by I can't believe this semester is almost over! Jumping from class to work to dance I have hardly found time to blog... whoopsy. So finally after sculpting class was cancelled because of this.

SNOW!!!

I am now finding the time to write this!
This week our assignment for 2D was to take pictures that showed contrast between natural organic elements and human or man-made structures. We could do part of the assignment in Photoshop which totally made my day, week, and almost year! My teacher probably thinks I'm super weird cause I was so excited when he said I could use it!

The three pictures I choose from the left, a power line at sunrise in Beijing China,  the gardens at Versailles France, and  the last one is an old chair in one of our wheat fields. 


To begin the project I manipulated the pictures in photoshop into  simple black and white sketches that showed the positive and negative space. Then I had to transfer them onto bristol board. Ode to joy. I am sick of bristol board and markers gah!!!!! But thankfully this was our last project that involved the stuff! I traced the images very carefully which made my eyes hurt from staring at these things for so long,  but the result was fantastic!

My tools :)


during the process of tracing 


This project gave me a headache! ah so many lines!

But they look pretty in the end!

....Coming soon Capstone! The final project of 2D is on its way!

No comments :

Post a Comment