Friday, October 12, 2012

Theres a First Time for Everything


Today has been lots of fun! And busy!
I am very proud first of all that I finally figured out how to do a french fishtail braid! It took me 20 minuets! Yes thats right 20 minuets on one braid! thats, uno, un, yi, one, stinking braid! sheesh I was running out of time before I had to leave for class so even if it had turned out horrible I was going to wear it out in public, but it turned out great! (thankfully) 
Yay! I feel pretty, Oh so pretty!


In Art History we had a guest speaker. One of the teachers from the art department came to talk about her project in Pompeii she is involved in. She restores frescos in a roman villa, it was very interesting!

Then the super fun class came! I had another art workshop in 2D recitation, and today was drawing! We had to do portraits... Duhn duhn duhn duhn..... (dramatic cord) I draw landscapes NOT people! And on top of it we had to do cross hatching! (YIKES) I know what cross hatching is.....but I've never done it..... But anyway my partner was from my 2D class so it was fun to get to know her better! She had also wanted to go to the Savannah art school, and she had actually got to visit it! She said it was super amazing, the building is an old train station, but inside everything was brand new! We had a blast! Our teachers who were grad students, were hilarious! They joked around all the time and made fun of us.

 We then helped them with their thesis by determining what makes good art and what makes bad art. They asked our opinions and then we mosied on down the hall to the gallery in the art building. The Gallery is showing grad and faculty pieces right now. We picked our favorites and very carefully and quietly picked the bad ones (because we didn’t want to have the chance of picking our teachers pieces).  One of the grads asked why we hadn’t picked one of the pieces…. That would probably be because it’s the dean’s and no one wants to offend him! But we had a great time with them we learned a lot.
Soooo my poor partners face is a little off… oops,  I had warned her it was going to look like picasso!   the one she did of me is in maroon. 


No comments :

Post a Comment