Monday, July 22, 2013

Wheat Packs!

As I was flying through Pintrest land the other day I stumbled upon how to make your own rice packs. Well I figured I could make some with wheat.
That is the nice thing about growing up on a wheat farm, is the fact you are always in abundance of wheat! But I wasn't getting the full on creative kick. I did not want to do any sewing. I absolutely detest my mothers sewing machine. That is why I mainly hand sew, I don't like that operated monster machine that much!
And so I pondered and prodded my mind for a way to make one of these suckers without sewing! Lightbulb! I remembered I had bought some wine bottle bag things from Michaels for $1! I don't drink but I loved the bags they were so pretty I had to get some! Boy, am I sure glad I did! They made this project a stitch! So here are the instructions to make a very simple wheat heating pad/pack!

All you need for supplies are...
6 cups of wheat or rice
Twist Tie
Wine bag
-And some ribbon or string if you need some! My bag from Michaels came with one!


So just add the wheat to the bag and uses the twist tie to secure it. Finally use the string to cover up the twist tie to make a very pretty and very quick and easy heat pack!

Just some extra tips, you may want to rinse your wheat so it smells better and just in case if you are allergic to the dust. It has also been suggested to put a cup of water in the microwave when you heat it up since the wheat can dry out and catch on fire... yikes! Also you may want to change your wheat out after awhile it can start to smell kinda musty. 

No comments :

Post a Comment