Tuesday, July 30, 2013

And The Award Goes To....


So the other day my awesome Gammie(Grandma) accepted an award for being Docent of the year at the Yellowstone Art Museum (its the only art museum in Montana!!! all the others are centers or galleries) It was a very exciting and looooong day! My mom and I spent around eight hours driving that day. How we didn't kill each other I do not know.... Especially because my idea of driving is not exactly her idea of safe driving... hehe I am my fathers daughter!

So we made it to Billings alive! And on the way there I made art! Last year my Gammie and Mike-Mike(Grandpa) took me to France for a graduation gift! It was amazing, and has helped me a lot in my art classes!!! So I did a sketch of the Notre Dame with pen and pastel chalk. 


Here are some pictures of my amazing Gammie getting her award! She totally deserves it! She not only texts me all the time to let me know when they are getting french impressionist paintings into the museum, but has always supported my creativity and artsy fartsy side! When I was maybe around five or six she got posters for my brother and I. He got mighty ducks, and I got Degas's Ballerina in Red! I still cherish it! You can tell she really loves being a docent, she is always bragging about the museum and all the cool stuff she learns. She makes me want to be a docent!!! They could not have picked anyone better, although I am a tad bit biased... 



No comments :

Post a Comment