Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Apple of a Pie

   It has been forever since I blogged, but the end of my first year of college is only two weeks away! Instead of writing a speech I decided I would waste my time away on my blog. hmmmm lets see what procrastination has in store for me!

   And speaking of procrastination that brings me back to the blog, and the fact that the project I'm showing is actually all the way back from Easter time.... whoopsy! And so my Easter *cough *cough from not to long ago..... was a lot of fun! We got a couple of close friends together to celebrate with a dinner. My friend from Chile hosted our little dinner party, and she made an amazing dish from her home country, Chile, which was AMAZING! It was made of salmon and looked like a strawberry smoothie BUT tasted nothing like it! It was super yummy!  she cooked raw salmon with the acid from lemon and limes and marinated it with peppers and onions. We also had a Korean stew, and rice. I also made mashed potatoes. Our food as well as the guests were from all over the world! Chile, Brazil, Mexico, Korea, Turkey, 1/2  Japan (hehe), and USA were all present. I also made a staple American dessert!  Apple pie!

So I figured I would show how to make some good ol' fashioned American apple pie for anybody that doesn't know!  So here is how to make and an apple pie from scratch with real apples!

Basic tools needed for the job


Ingredients you will need, you can use any apples you want though!




2 cups of flour


annnnd about this much salt.... I just guess!


This much oil


Ditto for the milk, and you can use 

whatever type of milk you want!


Hopefully by now you understood to put all 

the ingredients in the bowl, otherwise you might be to

 incompetent to be cooking.


Mix all the ingredients together to make a dough

Plop


Next roll out the pie crust by putting it 

between to pieces of wax paper, and use a 

rolling pin or other round heavy objects...


If your feeling fancy, or you are smart and can know how to do this,

 GO FOR IT!
haha just pinch the crust between your thumb and forefinger if you didn't! 



So if you are a poor college student who doesn't 

have a potato peeler handy, peel all the apples 

with a knife. fun. then cut them into smaller pieces. 


Yippy now it looks edible! So now you can add sugar or 

cinnamon or even both! After that put it in the oven at 350 for 

about and hour or 45 minuets, whenever it starts to look golden brown.

YUMMY!

And so that is how you make an old fashioned apple pie from scratch! Its super fresh and great with ice cream and great friends!

No comments :

Post a Comment