Thursday, January 31, 2013

2D transformed into 3D

Today finally was the day that we critiqued our project we have been working on for weeks in 3D. The project took forever (ok so like three weeks) but it turned out really great! Our piece was based upon geometric planes, we were supposed to create a 3-dimensional design based upon a map marked out by points.

Our first step was to pick a location that had some meaning to us, lots of people picked the places they grew up, or went to school. I choose France!!!! I miss it a lot and had an amazing time there. The specific location I chose was the Oise-Aisne American Cemetery. I have relatives who manage the cemetery there. The country side was so beautiful and moving and to hear stories from my relatives about the cemetery and people who come to visit, and then to even find Montana guys buried there really "changed" me I think. Oh and they have wheat fields in France that was pretty epic too! All the farm land, and the tiny little towns all over really reminded me of home!

Back in school I first printed out my map from google.



And Then I proceeded to cut out a shape by plotting points that had significance to my adventure! Some points were, a spot I almost got ate by a deer on a walk, another was the old farm I walked to, a field I took pictures of, a Montana guys grave, my relatives house, and ect.



Little Template


Big Template

We had to make lots of moquettes of the template


I chose this one because of the shadows


The final piece which is five times larger than the original


The inside with decorative supports 


The top with details of the scoring I had to do to make it curve


 

The Three moquettes papa, mama, and baby!

No comments :

Post a Comment