Sunday, October 21, 2012

Somethings Squidy.....

It has been a fun filled weekend in Billings! And of course the best was saved for last! today I had some tacos with a twist. As My cousin, her husband, and I were roaming the grocery store finding ingredients for tacos for lunch, it was when we came upon the meat section that Tierney asked, " Beef? Chicken? Shrimp?  How about squid!" Squid? Yes, squid the stuff that swims in the ocean, has all those creepy tentacle arm thing-ees, and is super slimy. Had my cousin gone insane or had she just made a breakthrough in taco cuisine? We would find out!

Thats not Squidward! 
Yes thats right a pound of slimy squid was purchased for tacos.
This was going to be very interesting I thought, as the man in the meat section grabbed the gooey things. He probably thought we were crazy, I know I would have!

And here I thought chicken in tacos was being adventurous, boy was I wrong!


A lovely look on Aaron? 


But master chef Aaron knew what he was doing! He cooked those things up like a pro, it was very impressive! We had an awesome lunch, with homemade salsa and squid tacos!  They were very yummy! So who would have known that squid would go great in a taco? So now you know!
Yummy!

1 comment :

  1. I think that the squid earrings could really work for me Megan, what do you think? Your blog looks great and good luck with the semester!

    ReplyDelete