Monday, October 8, 2012

First Post and First Art Project

Well I obviously I have too much time on my hands since I'm starting a blog while at college! But I would like to share my creativity and art/DIY projects with friends and family! and who wouldn't want to know what I'm up to? (besides my parents, I am very sure my mother will love this!)

So this blog will be super random I have so many interests! from dancing, fashion, cooking, art (in like every form!), and even the farm I am from. so never expect the same stuff all the time haha I'm sure that will make it more entertaining anyway.

So I'm going to start off with my first "real" art assignment! We have just been creating dot and line pictures that cause all of us poor art students heart attacks over sharpies. By the way sharpies are evil. any way we have been stuck in the land of dreadful markers, and finally have moved onto painting, but of course there is a catch! there always is!

Our project was to paint with gouache. Gouache is more evil than acrylics imagine that! Anyway our assignment was to paint areas we had visited as groups, but we couldn't literally paint it.  My group went to the campus library, so I couldn't literally paint books, people, a fountain or coffee! So now we got to be real artists... hooray for abstract! Hint I was being sarcastic.

So how do you paint a library without really painting a library?

Well by using line and all that jazz we have learned over the past couple weeks. My big dilemma though was how to portray the wonderful, stupendous divine, luscious smell of coffee. So how did I do it? Through real coffee of course! So the cafateria downstairs generously supplied the coffee for my project (even though they don't know that....)

So first I painted a layer of strait coffee and then added a bit of color, I replaced water with coffee pretty much.


 next I added moooorrrreeee color, and random lines.
 and then I dripped some paint, made some circles, and made some more lines.
 Ta-da! Its the library and it smells like COFFEE!

No comments :

Post a Comment